Grainworks Brewing Company is a rapidly growing brewery in West Chester, OH (founded in 2017), and we’re seeking an experienced Cincinnati-area salesperson to continue to expand our self-distribution footprint and fuel our growth in the Greater Cincinnati region. Our Northern Cincinnati Territory is our oldest and strongest territory, which comes with a large and engaged existing client base, and room for growth.
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about craft beer – not just drinking it, but excited about sharing their knowledge and enthusiasm for the industry and products. A successful candidate would be extremely social and outgoing, and eager to embrace technology to stay productive, including building and maintaining a schedule, and managing client relations.
We are looking for someone with previous sales experience, preferably in the craft beer industry, but all sales experience will be considered. We offer competitive pay commensurate with experience and performance.
NOTE: For this position, we are currently only considering candidates living in or around the Greater Cincinnati area.
- Ensure that we are achieving our local sales targets.
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing clients and potential accounts by consistently, persistently, and respectfully delivering value (all within the organization’s resource and budget constraints).
- Using various methods (emailing, cold calling, sales calls, events, speaking engagements, educational sessions, etc.) to continuously build and nurture client relationships.
- Maintain and grow our current client list.
- Keep track of your relationships and interactions each day using CRM database software. Utilize technology to analyze data, uncover opportunities, and to maximize sales potential.
- Understand the Grainworks philosophy, branding, and approach to craft beer, and be able to share it fluently with others.
- Internalize and convey the Grainworks brand and values in your daily work.
- Continuously learn new sales and business development skills.
- Confident, poised, and comfortable with networking, audience-building, selling and closing.
- Loves craft beer, steeped in the Cincinnati- /Dayton-area beer culture.
- Experience selling and managing relationships and accounts, with a proven track record and references. Comfortable with cold calls.
- Cicerone Beer Server certification desired, Certified Cicerone (or greater) preferred. BJCP certification is a huge plus.
- Excellent customer service skills, and willingness to pitch in to help maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Outgoing, optimistic, enthusiastic, persuasive, and well spoken.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Skilled at maintaining relationships, and repairing them, as needed.
- Persistent and dogged in pursuing relationships, even if it takes months of constant effort to establish them, all while not being annoying or annoyed.
- Embraces the use of technology (such as a CRM software, time management apps, cloud-based accounting apps, etc.).
- Open and timely communicator, with clients, prospects, co-workers, and leadership. Comfortable managing your own time and being mostly self-directed and self-starting to achieve business objectives.
- Must be able to drive, sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear.
- Must be able to lift, shuffle, drag, or move 20-40lbs consistently, with the occasional 50-65lbs (1/6th bbl).
- Must have own reliable vehicle, able to drive high mileage each month.
- Weekly allowance of Grainworks’ handcrafted beer!
- Some flexibility with work schedule.
- Reimbursement for travel and expenses.
- Fun work environment, with a helpful, supportive team.
- Access to industry events, festivals, and more.
- Training, continuing education, reimbursement for certifications.
- Base salary with quota, plus tiered bonuses with increasing commission percentages.
- Major holidays, paid vacation, personal days, sick leave.
- Salary Range: $37,500 – $55,000 (full-time, exempt.)
- Base pay commensurate to experience and performance.
- Stated salary range includes base pay plus commission.
- Range is approximate, there is no cap on commission.
Please apply on Indeed.com. Please do not contact the brewery directly.