Grainworks Brewing Company is a rapidly growing brewery in West Chester, OH (founded in 2017), and we’re seeking an experienced Dayton-area salesperson to help expand our self-distribution footprint and fuel our growth in the Greater Dayton region. We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about craft beer – not just drinking it, but excited about sharing their knowledge and enthusiasm for the industry and products. A successful candidate would be extremely social and outgoing, and eager to embrace technology to stay productive, including building and maintaining a schedule, and managing client relations.
We offer competitive pay and benefits commensurate with experience and performance.
NOTE: For this position, we are currently only considering candidates living in or around the Greater Dayton area.
- Ensure that we are achieving our local sales targets.
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing clients and potential accounts by consistently, persistently, and respectfully delivering value (all within the organization’s resource and budget constraints).
- Using various methods (emailing, cold calling, sales calls, events, speaking engagements, educational sessions, etc.) to continuously build and nurture client relationships.
- Maintain and grow our current client list.
- Keep track of your relationships and interactions each day using CRM database software. Utilize technology to analyze data, uncover opportunities, and to maximize sales potential.
- Understand the Grainworks philosophy, branding, and approach to craft beer, and be able to share fluently it with others.
- Internalize and convey the Grainworks brand and values in your daily work.
- Continuously learn new sales and business development skills.
- Confident, poised, and comfortable with networking, audience-building, selling and closing.
- Loves craft beer, steeped in the Cincinnati/Dayton Area beer culture.
- Experience selling and managing relationships and accounts, with a proven track record and references. Comfortable with cold calls.
- Cicerone Beer Server certification desired, Cicerone (level 1 or greater) certification preferred. BJCP certification is a huge plus.
- Excellent customer service skills, and willingness to pitch in to help maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Outgoing, optimistic, enthusiastic, persuasive, and well spoken. Attention to detail.
- Skilled at maintaining relationships, and repairing them, as needed.
- Persistent and dogged in pursuing relationships, even if it takes months of constant effort to establish them, all while not being annoying or annoyed.
- Embraces the use of technology (such as a CRM software, time management apps, cloud-based accounting apps, etc.).
- Open and timely communicator, with clients, prospects, co-workers, and leadership. Comfortable managing your own time and being mostly self-directed and self-starting to achieve business objectives.
- Must be able to drive, sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear.
- Must be able to lift, shuffle, drag, or move 20-40lbs consistently, with the occasional 50lbs (1/6th bbl) during an event setup.
- Must have own reliable vehicle, able to drive high mileage each month.
- Weekly allowance of Grainworks’ handcrafted beer!
- Some flexibility with work schedule.
- Reimbursement for travel and expenses.
- Fun work environment, with a helpful, supportive team.
- Access to industry events, festivals, and more.
- Training, continuing education, reimbursement for certifications.
- Base salary with quota, plus tiered bonuses with increasing commission percentages.
- Major holidays, paid vacation, personal days, sick leave.
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to Management@Grainworks.Beer.
(Your email may function as your cover letter — though cover letters are an opportunity to make a great first impression, so don’t pass that up.)