FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
MamaBear’s Mac Restaurant Opens in Grainworks Taproom
Food Truck Favorite Finds Forever Home
CINCINNATI, OH – October 12, 2022: Grainworks Brewing Company is excited to announce the Grand Opening of their in-house kitchen on Friday, October 21, featuring food from MamaBear’s Mac, with a ceremony and ribbon cutting at 2:00pm for the media and invited guests, and public restaurant / taproom opening at 3:00pm.
The kitchen, located inside Grainworks’ taproom in West Chester, was part of the brewery’s recent expansion. While the brewery often had food trucks visit, having a dedicated in-house food provider will offer more consistency and a better experience for customers. And the fact that MamaBear’s Mac used to be one of the food trucks that would come to Grainworks makes the relationship even more seamless.
“MamaBear’s has consistently been one of our customers’ favorite food trucks,” said Paul Blakely, Grainworks Taproom Manager. “So we’re thrilled to be able to have their great food available in the taproom every day.”
MamaBear’s Grainworks location will be serving some classic favorites, including their award-winning Mac and Cheese — now available in a “flight” with four varieties. They have also added new items to the menu, like their Vermont Farm Burger, The Italian, Vermont Grilled Cheese, and Grainworks Nachos.
“This is a great opportunity for us to grow and expand,” said owner Kimberly Heileman, “and we’re looking forward to finding ways to incorporate Grainworks beer into more of our recipes!”
The Grand Opening event will include a ribbon cutting and words from representatives of MamaBear Mac’s and Grainworks, as well as invited local dignitaries. Limited small bite samples will also be available for event attendees. Photo and video opportunities will be available, as well as access to the above mentioned personnel for interviews.
Check Grainworks’ website, Facebook, and Instagram for additional details as they are available.
GRAND OPENING DETAILS:
- Event: MamaBear Mac’s Grand Opening in Grainworks Brewing Company Taproom
- Date/Time: Friday, October 21, 2022
- 2:00pm Speakers & Ceremony — Media / Invited Guests
- 3:00pm Taproom & Restaurant Open to Public
- Description: Grand Opening Ceremony of MamaBear Mac’s restaurant in the Grainworks Taproom at their brewery in West Chester, OH, including ribbon cutting, speakers, and photo/video opportunities, as well as small bite samples for guests. Followed by official public opening of restaurant.
- Grainworks Facebook: https://facebook.com/grainworksbeer
RESTAURANT / TAPROOM DETAILS:
- MamaBear Mac’s Hours:
- Monday – CLOSED
- Tuesday – 4:00-9:00pm
- Wednesday – 4:00-9:00pm
- Thursday – 3:00-10:00pm
- Friday – 3:00-11:00pm
- Saturday – 11:00am-11:00pm
- Sunday – 12:00-7:00pm
- Grainworks Taproom Hours:
- Monday – CLOSED
- Tuesday – 4:00-10:00pm
- Wednesday – 4:00-10:00pm
- Thursday – 3:00-11:00pm
- Friday – 3:00pm-12:00am
- Saturday – 11:00am-12:00am
- Sunday – 12:00-8:00pm
- Address: 7790 Service Center Dr, West Chester, OH 45069
(off of Cox Rd., just south of Liberty Way)
- Grainworks Website: https://Grainworks.Beer
- MamaBear’s Mac Website: https://MamaBearsMac.com/
- Phone: 513-480-BEER (2337)
FEATURED MENU ITEMS:
- Mac and Cheese Flight, including:
- Vermont Cheddar Mac – Their classic mac made with real Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar, topped with seasoned toasted bread crumbs.
- Loaded Backed Potato Mac – Cheddar, bacon, sour cream, and their secret ingredient, topped with green onions and sour cream. (Award-winning!)
- Smokey Bear Mac – Smoked cheddar mac, topped with smoked pulled pork, pickled onions, BBQ sauce, and Grippo’s BBQ sauce.
- Buffalo Chicken Mac – Chicken, cheddar, mild wing sauce, and bleu cheese.
- Vermont Farm Burger – Vermont cheddar, maple caramelized onions, and maple BBQ sauce.
- PapaBear Special Burger – Fried mac and cheese, house bier cheese, and bacon.
- The Italian – Pepperoni, salami, ham, mozzarella, provolone, banana peppers, lettuce, tomato, and Italian dressing on grilled sourdough bread.
- Vermont Grilled Cheese – Vermont cheddar and classic cheddar on grilled sourdough bread. Bacon, tomato optional.
- Grainworks Nachos – House made Saratoga Chips with bier cheese (made with Grainworks beer), smoked pulled pork, BBQ sauce, pickled onions, and pickled jalapeños.
- Pretzel Bites & Bier Cheese – Soft, warm pretzel bites with house made bier cheese with Grainworks beer.
- Bruschetta Flat Bread – Delicious griddled flat bread topped with bruschetta, mozzarella, and provolone, and finished with a balsamic glaze.
- Vermont Farm Salad – Mixed Greens, tomato, bacon, chopped red onion, and Vermont cheddar. Dressings include house Vermont maple balsamic vinaigrette, ranch, or Italian.
- New England Crab Cakes – Made in house with real crab, pan seared and served with cilantro-lime aioli. (not pictured below)
Grainworks Brewing Company first opened on September 9, 2017 in West Chester, OH. Grainworks was founded by three childhood friends, Brian McGinnis, Anthony Russell, and Steven Brock. The facility just off of Cox Road includes a spacious taproom, patio, and two private rental spaces, as well as a 10bbl brewhouse.
Bucking the trend of austerity in 2020, the company doubled-down on their craft beer bet and doubled the size of their facility — including nearly tripling the size of the taproom (now 5,800 sq. ft.) and adding private event spaces as well as a kitchen space (now occupied by MamaBear’s Mac), and many additional staff for internal and external functions. The bet paid off, with 2020 and 2021 being very successful years for the brewery, despite the business climate at the time. They are now poised and prepared for a future of growth and opportunity.
Grainworks packaged products are available in more than 140 retailers (including their first entry into Kroger in the fall of 2022), and on draft in more than 260 bars and restaurants in the greater Cincinnati and Dayton areas. Several Grainworks beers have won Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals in the U.S. Open Beer Championship in multiple years. They recently celebrated their 5th Anniversary on the weekend of September 9-11, 2022, with a larger version of their annual music and beer festival.
Built on the same soil from which Cincinnati’s greatest breweries harvested their grain during the nineteenth century, Grainworks Brewing pours that rich history into every glass. It’s beer with a heritage. It’s beer with a soul.
For more information visit our website.
IMAGES FOR MEDIA USE:
(click to download a high-res version of any of the images)
# # #